Inside our 90,000-sq. ft. fabrication shop, we’re working on your project long before it’s our turn on your job site.
Here, our 50+ team professionals build:
- Miles of piping – as wide as 5 feet in diameter and as narrow as half an inch – in carbon steel, stainless steel and copper
- Plumbing batteries and assemblies out of PVC, CPVC, HDPE, ductile or cast iron
- Multi-trade racks that incorporate electrical and controls systems
- Other components and systems, including central energy plant modules, medical gas assemblies and pump skids.
To construct systems for high-purity environments, we have a separate Class 1000 clean room, where we fabricate stainless steel hygienic piping. And we operate a second fabrication facility in Charleston, SC (10,000 square feet).
Four decades of operation taught us how to optimize fabrication.
Our current shop is a next-generation environment. We designed and built it with safety and efficiency foremost in mind.
Here’s how we work:
- After consulting with contractors in pre-construction, our design team and engineers develop shop drawings and plans. They use state-of-the-art CAD and BIM technology.
- Fabrication is performed in a stationed environment – 90,000 square feet, with ceilings 35 feet high. Each station is ergonomically optimized; for example, professionals can sit or stand to weld.
- A pair of Panasonic robots helps with repeatable welds, adding agility and speed to tight project schedules.
- Each task is captured by tagging every component with a bar code, thus providing a precise record of who, what and when.
- On-site quality control professionals inspect each component and system before it leaves the fabrication shop.
- After inspection, systems and modules are loaded onto flatbed trucks. The shop has 14 entrances for truck loading and departure.